demsley Posted March 23, 2011 Posted March 23, 2011 We have a school website hosted in school. It is http://www.schoolname.org/ This is stored in, for example, /var/www/ We also have moodle stored in /var/www/internal/ which the students and staff access via: http://www.schoolname.org/internal/ IDEALLY I'd like the moodle site to be http://moodle.schoolname.org/ I know this is doable. I know this involves editing php.ini. ....but I cannot for the life in me work out exactly what is required. Has anyone done similar? Cheers Dave
dayzd Posted March 23, 2011 Posted March 23, 2011 That requires editing your Apache config. Take a look here for the official documents: VirtualHost Examples - Apache HTTP Server You may need to edit your Moodle config to allow for the different base URL... And you may need another DNS record for your subdomain. 1
demsley Posted March 28, 2011 Author Posted March 28, 2011 Apache Conf file not php.ini - many thanks dayzd.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now