FN-GM Posted March 17, 2011 Posted March 17, 2011 (edited) Hi, I use the "View First Unread" button, in each thread pretty often. I have noticed sometimes when i use the link it either take me a post i have already read, sometimes it will take me to a post that is above one of my posts. Other times it will just take me to the first post in the thread. It seems to be an intermittent thing as sometimes it works fine. I am using Firefox In Windows 7 & Mac OS X 10.6 - It does it in both. Cheers Edited October 24, 2012 by ZeroHour
ZeroHour Posted March 22, 2011 Posted March 22, 2011 Hi, I use the "View First Unread" button, in each thread pretty often. I have noticed sometimes when i use the link it either take me a post i have already read, sometimes it will take me to a post that is above one of my posts. Other times it will just take me to the first post in the thread. It seems to be an intermittent thing as sometimes it works fine. I am using Firefox In Windows 7 & Mac OS X 10.6 - It does it in both. Cheers The thing to check is the last visit time in the top right corner, thats where it bases your last post link to. When that updates the link updates to the correct position. I suspect thats why your experiencing the issue, a browser is keeping your session alive as such and the last visit time (which is when your session times out) is not updated.
FN-GM Posted March 22, 2011 Author Posted March 22, 2011 I see, i will keep any eye on that and report back.
FN-GM Posted March 24, 2011 Author Posted March 24, 2011 Yep your right, been keeping an eye on it. What can be done to sort it please? Thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now