alonebfg Posted March 15, 2011 Posted March 15, 2011 Help I need some advice have been looking as nas boxes and want a good one open and free varents dont cut the mustard sorry I am all for it but they dont have the apabillitys that i am looking for. I have got it down to 2 companys first is qnap QNAP Systems, Inc. ( Products - NAS )- Quality Network Appliance Provider 210, 212, 219p and the second is synology Synology Inc. - NEW NAS Experience - Products 211, 211J if anyone has used and would recomend one please help cost is not so much an issue just need to work well and do the job (lin tv play movies apple itunes connection) plus loads more please help.
CHR1S Posted March 15, 2011 Posted March 15, 2011 One word - SYNOLOGY! I have a Synology NAS and its awesome! Runs squeeze server, iTunes server, DSAudio server, web server, torrents, newsgroups, rapidshare etc, print server, dyndns client, domain integration, the list is endless
Flakes Posted March 15, 2011 Posted March 15, 2011 cant really help with them two but just bought this: Buffalo LinkStation Quad 6.0Tb DLNA Certified MultiMedia Network Storage with BitTorrent: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories gonna use it to back up my home server
alonebfg Posted March 16, 2011 Author Posted March 16, 2011 The main reason i went for them is the itunes support they both have and it acts like a mini server I know there are other but looking at the reviews both these look awsome if noone else has tried them it looks like i am going to have to toss a coin lol.
mac_shinobi Posted March 16, 2011 Posted March 16, 2011 One word - SYNOLOGY! I have a Synology NAS and its awesome! Runs squeeze server, iTunes server, DSAudio server, web server, torrents, newsgroups, rapidshare etc, print server, dyndns client, domain integration, the list is endless 1. Where are the prices for each NAS so I can see how much it will cost for a synology NAS + all the hard drives it requires 2. Do they do any that have or use more then 5 bays ?
mthomas08 Posted March 16, 2011 Posted March 16, 2011 We have a netgear nas here, had it for almost two years. It struggles when over used, we tried to get Home areas on it and it bombed out. Our fault really, SAN for us is really the way to go. So we use our nas just for basic storage and backing up to. I would google each product/company and see if any problems arrise.
CHR1S Posted March 16, 2011 Posted March 16, 2011 1. Where are the prices for each NAS so I can see how much it will cost for a synology NAS + all the hard drives it requires 2. Do they do any that have or use more then 5 bays ? Synology Network Attached Storage @ Novatech.co.uk That should answer both for you, if you can, try and get a demo of the DSM (Disk Station Manager) OS, its a full multitasking OS in a web interface... clever stuff!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now