CyberNerd Posted March 1, 2011 Posted March 1, 2011 I'm having real difficulties using the =importXML function on google docs. I can import example data from wikipedia using the importHTML function no problem: =ImportHtml("http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_India"; "table";4) I've exported data from SIMS using the commandreporter and the plan is to use the Google Secure Data Connector to import the XML into SIMS my sample XML is below. Is it possible to import this data live into google docs? I'm trying things like =importXML("http://www.example.com/testreport.xml", "//*") but keep getting 'could not parse XML' errors. I can use the =importdata function on the same URL, and the XML checks out to be valid so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. Any suggestions? 3552 Cockney Ferret 18N sdffdssf99001 2344 Twoddle Nonnocks 8G dsfsdfsf02g02 3453 Adams Fanny OLT f0799s9dsfd
CyberNerd Posted March 4, 2011 Author Posted March 4, 2011 I figured this out. remove the and it imported fine. is there a way to get commandreported to not export that data?
localzuk Posted March 4, 2011 Posted March 4, 2011 That xs stuff is the xml schema for the file. You should be able to craft your report in SIMS to export without the schema.
CyberNerd Posted March 4, 2011 Author Posted March 4, 2011 That xs stuff is the xml schema for the file. You should be able to craft your report in SIMS to export without the schema. thanks. It seems google doesn't like the schema info. I'll see if I can remove it.
LosOjos Posted March 4, 2011 Posted March 4, 2011 thanks. It seems google doesn't like the schema info. I'll see if I can remove it. Google really ought to sort that out, or there are going to be a lot of people with similar headaches, as including the schema is considered best practice so most XML generating applications will include it
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now