Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Not so much a development question, but more of a head-keyboard moment which may amuse some of you with a more schadenfreudian sense of humour, I have just successfully create a SharePoint feature which creates a basic hidden list for user management.

 

However, having waited twenty minutes for the solution to build and deploy (which it has done, perfectly successfully), I've realised that I've got no actual way of checking whether or not the list exists, as it's hidden and has broken inheritance so that no users can access it (only accessible via code).

 

So now got to either go in and unhide it, and hope it exists, or stop debugging and write a deactivation handler to delete it in order to try debugging again - after putting in something to log whether it's succeeded.

Posted

That worked, yep.

 

I've actually given up on the hidden list idea now, I decided I was trying too hard to make it easy on myself (make sense of that if you can) and am just writing a fully custom solution.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...