thaolv Posted February 21, 2011 Posted February 21, 2011 (edited) Hi guys, Thinstation appear this error when my client booting up by using PXE: "Error, no valid session type!!! Boot aborted, please check your thinstation config files are correct" Please help me to resolve this problem. Thanks thinstation.conf.buildtime.txt thinstation.conf.network.txt Edited February 21, 2011 by thaolv
thaolv Posted February 21, 2011 Author Posted February 21, 2011 I attach 2 files in previous post. Please check it.
kmount Posted February 21, 2011 Posted February 21, 2011 Hi there, You don't appear to have any sessions configured. What do you want Thinstation to do?
thaolv Posted February 21, 2011 Author Posted February 21, 2011 I want to run Vmware View client when using Thinstation
kmount Posted February 21, 2011 Posted February 21, 2011 Have you downloaded a build of thinstation which has the open view client installed within? I've not done this before so I will let someone who has explain more.
thaolv Posted February 21, 2011 Author Posted February 21, 2011 Yes, i use this site: :: ThinStation - a light, full-featured thin client OS :: to build Thinstation and surely i add Vmware view in this pakage.
kme Posted February 27, 2011 Posted February 27, 2011 The .txt file extension is invalid: thinstation.conf.network is proper
thaolv Posted February 28, 2011 Author Posted February 28, 2011 The .txt file extension is invalid: thinstation.conf.network is proper I know that. The forum doesn't accept .network file extension for upload
kme Posted February 28, 2011 Posted February 28, 2011 OK, but then you have to study your tftp server's log and Thinstation's /var/log/boot.log as you thinstation.conf.network obviously does contain a valid session and it equally obviously isn't received by the Thinstation client. And frankly it isn't very smart not to have a safe fall back in thinstation.conf.buildtime as you don't have.
joe90bass Posted February 28, 2011 Posted February 28, 2011 I also had a similar issue, I tried various things, but I believe I resolved this by only having the minimum of drivers during the build i.e. rather than put in a whole load in the hope one works, try them individually! It seems if you have too many it doesn't work........
kme Posted February 28, 2011 Posted February 28, 2011 I also had a similar issue, I tried various things, but I believe I resolved this by only having the minimum of drivers during the build i.e. rather than put in a whole load in the hope one works, try them individually! It seems if you have too many it doesn't work........Riiight! Possibly conflicting drivers may result in a "No valid session"?! Sure you didn't come across a black cat the day before? Or broke a mirror? And I thought edugeek was for educated geeks... Of course you should never include more drivers than necessary - that's the entire point of a thin client - but this type of wild claims is unserious. Driver conflicts will NEVER result in a "No valid session". It can result in all sort of other problem, but not this. The LiveCD works just fine and it includes everything and the kitchen sink.
joe90bass Posted March 1, 2011 Posted March 1, 2011 @KME - I take great offence at your post. Whether or not my post is technically correct, the manner in which you post is not in keeping with the spirit of this forum....
dribblecastle Posted July 27, 2011 Posted July 27, 2011 I'm running into the same error. I'm attempting to create a VMWare View workstation based on ThinStation. I'm using TS-o-Matic to create my builds. Currently my testing is only with CDs. Basically I just burn the CDs. I haven't tried the whole PXE Boot etc. My feeling is that this error is based on a driver. I think this because I download the current LiveCD for VMWare View and it work fine in my Lenovo T61. Connected to VM and everything. When I use the CD with my HP T5135 I get the no valid session type. I'm thinking it just doesn't know how to communicate with the internal network card(NIC). I tried using TS-O-Matic to create a build with all network drivers included but that did not work. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to try next?
bigboss77 Posted April 25, 2012 Posted April 25, 2012 @joe90bass I agree with you that it may be a driver/hardware issue. I used the LiveCD on a Dell 745 and got the "no valid session type" error. I put the same LiveCD into an HP 8510p laptop and it worked like a charm!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now