chris_007 Posted February 19, 2011 Posted February 19, 2011 I want to create avatars with year 6 children at school. A lot of the free websites for doing this are blocked at school. Does anyone know of any easy software we can install for creating cartoon avatars or changing a picture of their face so it is safe to post online? Or any great websites. Thanks Chris Creating avatars (avatar) for year 6 pupils.
jamesfed Posted February 19, 2011 Posted February 19, 2011 Are you an IT Tech or a Teacher? If your a teacher then I'd get ahold of your IT guys to see if you can get a website unblocked. If your a Tech and your web filtering is done by your LEA then I'd get ahold of them to get the site unblocked.
chris_007 Posted February 19, 2011 Author Posted February 19, 2011 Lancashire, smart filter. Tech and TA. Do you know any good websites without inappropriate adverts!!
lindylou Posted March 2, 2011 Posted March 2, 2011 Have a look at Voki . They have a Voki for Education option that will be worth investigating. Some of our LA advisors have used this site when training teachers. You can create free Vokis that don't require a log-in. If I recall correctly, once the avatar is created, you need to keep a record of the URL generated to use it in future - you don't get a .jpg or animated gif etc. It's a while since I used it myself, so do the usual checks. Hope it's not blocked in your LA!
chris_007 Posted March 2, 2011 Author Posted March 2, 2011 Thanks for the info. Need help now saving it into moodle embedding into moodle
lindylou Posted March 2, 2011 Posted March 2, 2011 Happy to be of help. Looks like someone has answered you on the Voki forum, suggesting you go here. Seems to be a case of embedding the HTML code. I've only tinkered with Moodle myself, but have embedded Vokis into a Sharepoint based VLE with no trouble. Moodle must have a similar feature, but m'learned Edugeek Moodle users on here will be able to help more, I'm sure. Over to you, Moodlers!
chris_007 Posted March 7, 2011 Author Posted March 7, 2011 online image editor http://www.pixlr.com create a avator and pdf page 20 with instructions. http://www.lancsngfl.ac.uk/homepagestuff/ITCMATTERS_spring2011-web.pdf
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now