soveryapt Posted January 20, 2011 Posted January 20, 2011 Right, I'm trying to use Virtual PC to create a machine image to save myself the heartache and time of rebuilding a system from scratch is something doesn't work or if something needs adding later, but I've hit a brick wall. I'm trying to install the latest version of Java on the VM (Windows 7 Pro 32bit) but it just freezes, and it's really doing my nut. I've tried the online and offline install files, I've tried installing across the network and saving the install files locally to the VM, but nothing works, it just hangs with a "Java Setup - Welcome (Not Responding)" Any suggestions? Can you even install Java on a VM? Or am I wasting my time trying? Any help is greatly appreciated! Andy
soveryapt Posted January 20, 2011 Author Posted January 20, 2011 Ok, running it with "Recommended settings" and seem to be getting a bit further with it, but we'll see ..
soveryapt Posted January 20, 2011 Author Posted January 20, 2011 Spoke too bloody soon .. so leaving it off for the time being, and if I find I need it, then I'll worry about it .. lol ..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now