Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I thought this would be easy but it's not working for some reason and i'm not sure why. working absolute bare-minimum squid

 

acl localnet src 192.168.x.x/255.255.x.x

 

never_direct allow localnet

http_access allow localnet

 

 

if I add

acl standalonenet src 172.16.10.0/255.255.255.240

never_direct allow localnet standalonenet

http_access allow localnet standalonenet

 

restarts no problem

 

now new & previous working 192.168 network is access denied

 

?????

 

10.26am

I've narrowed it down. everything gets denied the second i put standalonenet on http_access allow

 

seems odd.

 

here's the situation:

 

squid proxy with 2 nics, 1 internal 1 external

I need an isolated subnet internally with internet access.

 

Plan was : Give the internal network card an eth0:1 address, allow it through squid.

 

apparently it's not as simple as I imagined

11.40am

 

ok it doesn't break if I use http_access allow all

 

I can't see a problem using that....

 

172 workstation times out on webpage requests... wondering if that's because there's no dns on the 172 network....

 

11.50am

 

remembered never_direct in squid config

 

now it all works with never_direct allow all

 

hopefully allow all isn't making it hopelessly insecure in ways I can't foresee.

Edited by browolf

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...