SimpleSi Posted February 11, 2007 Posted February 11, 2007 I've been thinking There doesn't seem to be any real support for SMARTBoards over here and I was wondering if we should have a sub-forum for them where we can build up our own knowledge base. Once we've got something going - we could invite people from Steljes (the distributor and only agent in the country AFAIK. I'd even suggest taking it further and having a whole section for IWBs (or maybe a differnent title to include slate/projectors and tablet Pcs/projectors and have sub-sections for each major product SMART /Promeathean/ others/ slates /tabletpc etc What do people/management think? regards Simon
russdev Posted February 11, 2007 Posted February 11, 2007 Problem is we have one hand people saying not enough forums we need one for this and then other hand we have people who say we have too many forums. As part of version 2.0 we are going to look at forums to see where we can expand or cutdown as need be.
pete Posted February 12, 2007 Posted February 12, 2007 We currently have 42 sections. Creating yet another for a single type of hardware seems excessive. ++ on trimming forums.
alan-d Posted February 12, 2007 Posted February 12, 2007 Sub forums to the main headings make it easier to search for items. That way the front end looks nice and neat and reflects the contents: eg Hardware >>>>>>PCs >>>>>>Laptops/PDAs >>>>>>Servers Software >>>>>>Operating Systems >>>>>>>>>>>>*Nix >>>>>>>>>>>>Microsoft >>>>>>>>>>>>Apple >>>>>>Education Software >>>>>>QCA KS3 Pilot etc etc etc We just need a tidy up really
SimpleSi Posted February 12, 2007 Author Posted February 12, 2007 As part of version 2.0 we are going to look at forums to see where we can expand or cutdown as need be. Why wait -JDI (or are we a county ISP now ) I'm with Alan on sub-forum convention - the one i'd like is Hardware Software Otherware(need better title) - IWB - SMART - Promethean - Slates/Tablets - Other The reason for having separate forums is to have stickies at the top for the FAQs regards Simon PS I'd actually change whole structure and have like this Networks - Software - Hardware Operating Systems - WfWG 3.11 - Win95 - Win98b - Others FFS - I hate teachers - I really hate teachers - I hate teachers and anyone else who dares use MY computers
davyboi Posted March 15, 2007 Posted March 15, 2007 call it AV section then it can include projectors etc
wistful Posted June 28, 2009 Posted June 28, 2009 I don't mind having a dedicated forum for product sets like interactive whiteboards, because sometimes we have a problem whose solution might involve addressing one or more of the system components: hardware, software, firmware. Where should you place the post if you don't know where to look? I like the Unix idea of atomic storage which can be pointed to by multiple inodes. Or an approximate equivalent, the idea of 'tagging' a post so that it'll be accessible in multiple ways. You shouldn't have to classify your post into only one box, even though it may (if you like) have one "home" category. Anyway, now I need to find out where the actual forum is, rather than the discussion thread talking about its establishment.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now