Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Dear all,

 

Please help! We run moodle at a school I work at and up until Christmas it was working fine. I'm not completely familiar with WordPress as my old network manager installed it but I have since he left upgraded it to 3.0.1 so I know bit and pieces. However I don't even know where to start with this one!

 

Firstly the VLE is working fine so I don't think there is much if anything up with IIS (On a W2K3 box). Normally you sign in to our VLE (Moodle) and then you can click on the Blog admin link which forwards you to https://domainname/wpblog/wp-admin but I get nothing, just a typical HTTP 500 Internal Server error

 

The website cannot display the page

HTTP 500

Most likely causes:

•The website is under maintenance.

•The website has a programming error.

 

I have since opened IIS gone to the wpblog/wp-admin folder and right clicked on admin.php and get the same thing, which is what I get for most files if I try to browse them. However if I right click and browse on readme.html, phpinfo.php or install.php I get the page display fine. Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening?

 

Thanks

FB

Posted
Just in case any one else has this problem I found out that a certain someone had added a plugin which broke the site. I removed them all from C:\Inetpub\www\wpblog\wp-content\plugins which got the site working and then re-added one by one until and found the bad egg!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...