Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi just set up a comp to run an Openoffice presentation on a bulletin board. Only problem is during the slideshow the screen appears to go into power save mode.

 

Not sure why as I've set up no screensaver and no powersave in the sys preferences.

 

Doesn't seem to be any reliable time I can say this happens after. Seemed to be around an hour on Friday (then ran fine until I went home) turned off after about 30 mins today, and is currently running ok since I checked the preferences about 15 mins ago.

 

Any ideas?

 

Running Ubuntu

Posted

Thanks SimpleSi

 

Just had a mail from a friend who told me to delete the option DPMS line.

 

Too early to tell if it's worked yet but I reckon it's been running for about 40 mins now.

 

Good to see it's the same problem and the same area for the recommended solution.

 

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...