Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've attempted to copy an entire VM from one physical host to another, that is the same spec, make and model. My problem is that when I do copy a VM over to a new box and then power up the thing, I keep getting this message everytime I try to log in:

 

Windows cannot connect to the domain, either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable, or because your computer account is not found

 

The workaround to the problem is to log in as the local administrator and reconnect to the domain.

 

If I power it up back up on the original host after I'd powered and switched off on the new host all is well. :\

 

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and what they did to overcome it.

 

Thanks in advance.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...