Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

It has come time for me to move our 2k3 terminal server farm over to 2k8.

 

This is fine with our HP t5735 thin clients, as I just need to update the image to ThinPro and set them up with the new RDP client (ie. rdesktop 1.6 rather than Citrix ICA).

 

However, we have a bunch of machines which use ThinStation.

 

Because this is going to be a progressive changeover, I want to run the 2 systems side by side, but due to it being served via PXE/TFTPd, I am finding myself limited.

 

How do I get 2 thinstation images to be served? The old one using citrix and the new one using rdesktop?

 

As it stands, I seem to be forced to use a single image, and I cannot for the life of me get the thinstation.conf- files to be picked up.

 

Ideas?

Posted

if your thinstation.hosts file looks like this

 

 TG0-2116	004063E635FC
TG0-2118	004063E63503
TG0-2119	004063E62E26
TG0-2120	004063E6353F

 

you can set individual config files for each machine:

 

thinstation.conf-TG0-2120

 

the thinstation.conf-* is just a copy of thinstation.conf with the different settings.

Posted
if your thinstation.hosts file looks like this

 

 TG0-2116	004063E635FC
TG0-2118	004063E63503
TG0-2119	004063E62E26
TG0-2120	004063E6353F

 

you can set individual config files for each machine:

 

thinstation.conf-TG0-2120

 

the thinstation.conf-* is just a copy of thinstation.conf with the different settings.

 

I don't use a hosts file. I just have thinstation.conf- directly addressing the machine.

Posted
I don't use a hosts file. I just have thinstation.conf- directly addressing the machine.

 

theoretically, that should work. but if not try the hosts file and then by machine name.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...