EduTech Posted September 14, 2010 Posted September 14, 2010 Just come accross this, seem like a nice price and running android too! £270.00 and out Mid October I Believe. ARCHOS James.
Haptic Posted September 14, 2010 Posted September 14, 2010 Well I picked up one of the Archos 7's for a shade under £100 and must admit in some ways a great buy (media viewing, e-reader etc) but at the same time frustrating- main gripes being v unreceptive touchscreen; nightmare to type with as keyboard disappears a lot when tapping. Also the AppsLib limitation; not sure if it'll be rectified on this unit but on the 7 you had to download Apps through AppsLib which not only was more unstable than Naomi Campbell but also a very limited selection. But let’s face it the best feature by a country mile is the lack of fruit on this... Mark
localzuk Posted September 14, 2010 Posted September 14, 2010 I think buying an Android tablet now may be a bit premature - Google have made overtures that they may be working on a more Tablet friendly Android release, and have said that they don't see the current releases as tablet capable. If you're after a cheap browsing device, then this would be a better buy than, say, an iPad, but if you want an end to end experience then I'd say hold tight for a year.
AyatollahPies Posted September 14, 2010 Posted September 14, 2010 I agree with Localzuk. There are so many manufacturers that are releasing tablets in the coming months (proper manufacturers too, not far east ripoffs), that to jump in now could be a costly mistake. I'm rather taken by the Archos 10". It's the size I want, but for some reason they didn't see fit to include a 3G port. It can be be tethered via your mobile, but that is an ugly and impractical solution in my opinion. I'm tempted to email their technical support to ask if a 3G dongle would be recognised, as I already have one of those. (Still hoping for Ubuntu NBR on a 10", with 3G port )
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now