Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi folks,

 

I'm taking a peak into Android, and have two views. I have main.xml and newsselection.xml

 

When the user clicks a button from the main view, I want it to load the newsselection view which will show a stream of news items. Also, when the user presses the back button (the hard one on the device), I want it to go back to the screen before.

 

Something like this kind of structure:

 

Main.xml

|________ newsselection.xml ____________ singleitemnewsview.xml

|________ anotherxml.xml

 

So if the user was as far down as singleitemnewsview.xml and pressed the hard back button it would go up a level to newsselection.xml, and once more would take them up to main.xml

 

Would this be done using a viewswitcher method? Or would it be achieved by starting a new activity for each new view?

 

I'm struggling to find docs on this one, so hope someone can help.

 

Thanks,

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...