peterv5 Posted January 10, 2007 Posted January 10, 2007 Would like to show the contents of a folder within our intranet, while maintaining css formating to keep look and feel the same. Can anyone help?
Geoff Posted January 10, 2007 Posted January 10, 2007 If you're using Apache and are using the mod_autoindex module to produce your indexes you can use the 'IndexStyleSheet' directive to indicate a css stylesheet to use. http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_autoindex.html#indexstylesheet
peterv5 Posted January 11, 2007 Author Posted January 11, 2007 Unfortunately as yet we don't have a server- just a large Buffalo linkstation disk sitting on our network. So my understanding is I can't run CMS software that needs PHP and Apache etc? Yes, a bit dark ages, but...
webman Posted January 11, 2007 Posted January 11, 2007 Yes, you'd need web server software installed on a server to run a CMS - ideally Apache with PHP, and probably MySQL database (depending on which CMS you use).
NetworkGeezer Posted January 11, 2007 Posted January 11, 2007 What, a multi-teer solution with the Buffalo as the backend?
webman Posted January 11, 2007 Posted January 11, 2007 It's possible, just mount one of the buffalo's SMB share on the web server in linux, Map Network Drive to it on Windows.
SimpleSi Posted January 11, 2007 Posted January 11, 2007 If your intranet folder is fairly static, you can use the DirHTML program to produce an html file of a folder (or folders) every now and then. You can customise the way the pages produced are displayed but you'd have to play with them to see if you can incorporate CSS ito them (Im not a CSS expert) Example that I use it for is here - I just use it to produce a listing of all pdfs in a folder (but you can make it do all files) and then I upload the filelist page (and the latest pdf) to update the website. regards Simon
peterv5 Posted January 12, 2007 Author Posted January 12, 2007 I think that dirHTML looks at first glance like the answer to a maiden's prayer. Thanks very much, Simon This looks doable! Peter
SimpleSi Posted January 12, 2007 Posted January 12, 2007 @webman I thought of trying out your code but what on earth is all the $I['file']='R0lGODlhEAAPA ... etc at the beginning of the file 8O Will all my computers end up belonging to you regards Simon
webman Posted January 12, 2007 Posted January 12, 2007 It's actually an icon (so it can be distributed as a single file). It's not my own code and I can't remember where I got it from
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now