wesleyw Posted December 19, 2006 Posted December 19, 2006 Okay I know I can use conditional formatting on a cell depending on the value within that cell however I want to change its colour depending on the value of an adjacent cell and seeing as Excel is not my forte I wondered if anyone there would know? Wes
acb_ Posted December 19, 2006 Posted December 19, 2006 Instead of applying the formatting based on the cell's own value, base on the formula of your choice.
alonebfg Posted December 19, 2006 Posted December 19, 2006 or you can write a visual basic formula i did used to know how to do it but it has been a while will look in the old books if you like
mighty.grey.eagle Posted December 20, 2006 Posted December 20, 2006 There is probably an easier way but, if I can't see an obvious function, I tend to use a bit of VBA. The following subroutine checks if A2 is greater than 1. If it is then it changes the colour of A1 to red Sub change_colour If cells(1,2).value>1 then Range("A1").Select Selection.Interior.ColorIndex=3 End If End Sub Attach it to a macro button or key press. If you have a lot of data a for/next loop can easily be added.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now