budgester Posted June 23, 2010 Posted June 23, 2010 Hi, I'm looking for two servers to run a standard Windows 2008 Thin Client infrastructure. These will mainly be used for office and SIMS, up to 30 clients at a time, with remote access for staff to use SIMS. I'm looking at the HP ProLiant DL160 G6 E5504 (4GB Ram) I'm planning on two servers to give me a bit of redundancy. The clients will be Axel. Anyone had experience of using these servers ? Any other recommendations ? Will these cope with the load ?
SYNACK Posted June 23, 2010 Posted June 23, 2010 I would be tempted to up the RAM if you are putting 30 people on each client, the CPU should probably cope with light loads but if they start looking at flash content on it or something it will quickly wallow.
dhicks Posted June 23, 2010 Posted June 23, 2010 I'm looking for two servers to run a standard Windows 2008 Thin Client infrastructure. This thread might come in handy: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/windows-server-2008-r2/48272-hardware-requirements-terminal-server.html In the end, I think I was looking at a Dell 610 with 24GB of RAM. -- David Hicks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now