elsiegee40 Posted June 21, 2010 Posted June 21, 2010 One of the benefits of being part-time is being able to take in some tennis. But, Roger Feder is so making it hard to watch. Two sets down, he's just managed to win the third. Talk about making life hard for himself! This is as bad as watching England play football!
Polski Posted June 21, 2010 Posted June 21, 2010 I live in hope that one day they will draw back the covers on centre court and find a bunch of mole heaps!
elsiegee40 Posted June 21, 2010 Author Posted June 21, 2010 Harrumph! Personally I much prefer wall-to-wall tennis to wall-to-wall football. Anyhow, despite his best efforts, Federer managed to win.
torledo Posted June 21, 2010 Posted June 21, 2010 really cannot stand federer. one of the greatest things in sport is to watch him getting consistently thrashed by Nadal in encounters between the two. a first round exit at wimbledon would be a close second as far as enjoyment factor. alas, it wasn't to be. Another two weeks of Roger 'interesting' Federer....wake me up when it's the second week.
elsiegee40 Posted June 21, 2010 Author Posted June 21, 2010 I thought Laura Robson played well. Me too - she wasn't destined to win today. If it had been 5 sets, I think she may have done it.
sidewinder Posted June 22, 2010 Posted June 22, 2010 Have to admit I was hoping for an early Federer exit as well, just because I like variety (and prefer Nadal) but it was an immense match Robson was so unlucky getting drawn Jankovic but she did play well, and no-one expected her to beat her so no shame in it at all My main problem at the minute is deciding whether to watch the tennis or the football Anyone going to Wimbledon? I went last year and it was immense, but doesnt look like I can get a day off this year
elsiegee40 Posted June 22, 2010 Author Posted June 22, 2010 I'm going next tuesday - seats in Court 1
apeo Posted June 22, 2010 Posted June 22, 2010 (edited) One of the benefits of being part-time is being able to take in some tennis. But, Roger Feder is so making it hard to watch. Two sets down, he's just managed to win the third. Talk about making life hard for himself! This is as bad as watching England play football! Surely it made for an interesting match.. I mean to watch a match where the underdog almost won and the favourite's struggle to final victory. I didnt watch it myself but i imagine thats better then watching the favourite thrash the underdog as expected. Unlike the england matches where theres a struggle just to get a draw, which is worse. Edited June 22, 2010 by apeo
elsiegee40 Posted July 2, 2010 Author Posted July 2, 2010 Guess I'm supporting Berdych now! In the meantime "Go Ghana!":cheer2:
torledo Posted July 2, 2010 Posted July 2, 2010 Guess I'm supporting Berdych now! In the meantime "Go Ghana!":cheer2: well, nought out of two isn't bad. haha.
elsiegee40 Posted July 2, 2010 Author Posted July 2, 2010 well, nought out of two isn't bad. haha. Oooh... if I didn't know you better Torledo there'd be neg rep! * stamps feet * Still praying for Ghana in extra time at the moment!
torledo Posted July 4, 2010 Posted July 4, 2010 Oooh... if I didn't know you better Torledo there'd be neg rep! * stamps feet * Still praying for Ghana in extra time at the moment! your luck hasn't fared any better today, has it ? Not one to say i told you so......;0)
elsiegee40 Posted July 4, 2010 Author Posted July 4, 2010 With my run of luck, I'll start supporting Germany! That'll show 'em!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now