ICT_Tech Posted June 17, 2010 Posted June 17, 2010 (edited) Morning all, We have an issue and I was wondering if anyelse has come across this and has a solution Our office staff do many mail merges and once the merge is complete they then can print the whole document with no problems or select one page and do print current page. The problem occurs when trying to print a range i.e. pages 5-7. Once you click print nothing happens, no errors and nothing comes out the printer. What I have found is that the mail merge is putting in section breaks between each page to seperate them but if I change these to page breaks in the document then I can select pages 5-7 and it prints with no problems. So the only solution I have found so far is to do a find/replace and find all ^b (section break) and replace with ^m (page break). This is obvioulsy takes more time and is a pain if we have to do this for every mail merge. I can't find any setting in the mail merge to tell it to use page breaks instead of sections breaks Has anyone else come across this probem, is it a office bug ??? Any help would be great Darren Edited June 17, 2010 by ICT_Tech
leco Posted June 17, 2010 Posted June 17, 2010 (edited) If you take a look at the print options, under File/Print and select Pages - you can enter page numbers with section numbers. So for example if all of your docs are single page letters pages 5-7 would be section 5 to section 7. I'm not sure but try p1s5-p1s7 (or maybe even just s5-s7) and see if that works. Edited June 17, 2010 by leco 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now