eddyc Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 Hi Everyone, In DHCP scope options we do not have a 252 Autoproxy option listed which is causing a bit of an issue as I am trying to impliment wpad to save the staff having the change their proxy settings between home and school. The available options on the lists go upto 121 Static routes and that is all - does anybody know how I can add option 252 to the scope? Thanks
AngryTechnician Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 In the DHCP MMC window, right click on the server in the tree view, and click 'Set Predefined Options' Now click the Add button and fill in as below: Name: WPAD Data type: String Code: 252 Description: Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Protocol 1
eddyc Posted June 10, 2010 Author Posted June 10, 2010 Thank you for that - the issue I now have is if I ping wpad I get a response. If I browse to http://wpad/wpad.dat I get a; 404 - File or directory not found. The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Everyone has read and read & execute permission, and I can't see why its not going. The server is a 2008 box running IIS7
AngryTechnician Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 (edited) You probably need to add .dat to the list of MIME types that the IIS server will serve up. If I remember correctly, IIS only serves up types it knows about. List it as type application/x-ns-proxy-autoconfig See below for where it should be in the IIS config (screenshots taken on IIS7.5 but I think 7 is pretty similar). Edited June 10, 2010 by AngryTechnician
jsnetman Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 I think you also have to add an entry into DNS, look on google for wpad and DNS. Did this years ago so can't remember of my head. persevere with your efforts as it really does make life much easier, especially concerning laptops off site.
bio Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 I think you also have to add an entry into DNS, look on google for wpad and DNS. Did this years ago so can't remember of my head. persevere with your efforts as it really does make life much easier, especially concerning laptops off site. very true. You should add an entry called wpad with Type Alias (CNAME) that points to the new proxy server. But i think its allready there becuase he can ping by hostname bio..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now