MkII Posted December 11, 2006 Posted December 11, 2006 I changed our teaching staff logons to not have roaming profiles, and now have a problem that the 'My Documents' folder is now pointing to the local C: drive rather than 'H:\My Documents' - even tho' that is specified in the user properties. I presume this is picking that up from the default user profile on the machine, in the absence of a sysvol default. Do I have to create a sysvol default or is there another way/ something wrong here?? Thanks
ajbritton Posted December 11, 2006 Posted December 11, 2006 Are you not redirecting My Documents with Group Policy?
MkII Posted December 11, 2006 Author Posted December 11, 2006 Yes - Basic > Create a folder for each user under the root path What's the diference between that and Redirect to the users home directory?
MkII Posted December 11, 2006 Author Posted December 11, 2006 I see - redirection to the home directory is for legacy support
MkII Posted December 11, 2006 Author Posted December 11, 2006 Ah - my bad - a problem user had been re-named - the mappings were to two different places - ahem! Another user tho' doesn't have this issue - and the redirection happens correctly on any PC but his own - and I have deleted the local profile and let it re-create...
ajbritton Posted December 12, 2006 Posted December 12, 2006 For any problems which are GP related, I always recommend Policy Reporter. You can use it to enable full GP logging and also to analyse the resulting log files. This usually gives some clue as to what is happening. - Install Policy Reporter on a server - Use it to enable verbose logging on a problem PC - Reboot the PC and have the user log on - Use Policy Reporter to grab the log file and analyse it
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now