Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm having difficulty get XS-Tools.iso to show up for mounting purposes in ubuntu 8.04 (I'm using this version because of a package I'm testing whose requirement is this) I add it via the XenCenter console to the VM DVD drive however when I try and see if there is anything in the CDROM folder on ubuntu nothing shows up and when I try to mount the /dev/cdrom folder it brings up a string of errors see image.

 

Any ideas why this could be the case?

 

 

Wes

ubuntu error.jpg

Posted

What happens if you explicitly mount /dev/xvdd?

 

(the actual mount point is usually in white on grey next to the dropdown menu if you're using the gui).

Posted (edited)

Hello,

 

Unfortunately getting Xen-tools to play with Ubuntu is not quite that straight forward :(

 

This blog post off the Citrix site details the steps you must take to make it play ball. Installing Ubuntu on XenServer

 

I have done this on all the ubuntu server vms we have here with success, bar the one where I made a typo :)

Edited by Robot
spelling :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...