Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm using Helium Frog as an easy peasy stop animation program on netbooks.

 

As with a few things on netbooks, the 1024x600 display makes things a little tricky but I've found out that the author has open-sourced his code and I can see that it would be trivial to alter the video preview window to default to opening a little smaller than it does and put the toolbox to the left of it rather than below as it does now.

 

Anyway - I've got an old copy of VB6 but I'm no expert in it (I went from VB4 to VC++ 6) and it exits the prog at a certain point with an error when running it from the source code and I was wondering if some of you older geekers are experts in VB6 and could download the source and give it a whirl and see if it works for you and maybe tell me what extra library/setting I need to do to get it working. :)

 

regards

 

Simon

Posted (edited)

A bit of google xreferencing seems to have done the trick :)

 

I needed to download the fsfwrap.dll and capstill.dll from Visual Basic and DirectShow and then use regsvr32 xxxx.dll and I'm now up and running :)

 

Simon

PS And I've now read the instructions in the comments at the beginning of the program :embarassed:

Edited by SimpleSi

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...