ICT_GUY Posted April 21, 2010 Posted April 21, 2010 We have just set up our new weather station which allows live data to be placed on our website. I would really like to put the same data into a power point that runs in the entrance to our school. Its a continually looping power point and the computer is hooked up to the network and internet. The data cam be got at in two ways. I have an application that uploads a .png image to our school website, and there is also a text / data file that I can manipulate in VB. So can I add the info / picture to a power point so that it changes every time it shows?
SYNACK Posted April 21, 2010 Posted April 21, 2010 Something like this maybe? Insert Live Web Pages in your PowerPoint Presentations 1
glennda Posted April 21, 2010 Posted April 21, 2010 Could you not just create a webpage that is updated and then hit f11 and full screen or - if you create an HTML page set up xibo on the machine and use xibo to display the webpage Toby 1
ICT_GUY Posted April 21, 2010 Author Posted April 21, 2010 This is an a looped non interactive presentation. It just sits there all day showing the same power point.
ICT_GUY Posted April 21, 2010 Author Posted April 21, 2010 Something like this maybe? Insert Live Web Pages in your PowerPoint Presentations This looks just the ticket. I will give it a try.
penfold Posted April 21, 2010 Posted April 21, 2010 Agree with Synack, there was a similar thread here and the one i have used is an addon Liveweb, which looks the same as synacks, but is from a different webpage for some reason.
ICT_GUY Posted April 21, 2010 Author Posted April 21, 2010 It seems to work, I just need to tune it a bit to display properly.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now