thom Posted November 14, 2006 Posted November 14, 2006 I recently gave a new member of staff a Dell Latitude 600 laptop. The previous user left the school in the summer and never alerted me of any issues with it. However, it now is apparent that when connecting it to an XGA projector the image is garbled at best. If I plug it in to an old SVGA projector then it works perfectly. The graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9000 and I have updated it to the latest drivers from the Dell support site. Has anyone else experienced this. Is there anything I can do about it?
plexer Posted November 14, 2006 Posted November 14, 2006 Are there any settings such as data rate etc... on the projector you can adjust? Ben
thom Posted November 15, 2006 Author Posted November 15, 2006 I'm not sure - i will try to have a look at lunchtime. What should the data rate be set to?
mac_shinobi Posted November 15, 2006 Posted November 15, 2006 I had this issue with a lattitude 110L I think it was, it was basically the refresh rate that the laptop output was using for the project, It was originally using 60 hz and that would garble up the output for the projector. It used an intel display chip and I had to use the intel chip utility and get it to use twin view and also tell the intel chip utility to make the projector aka monitor run at 75hz. So maybe there is a setting in the ATI utility ( If you get any utilitys with it ) or in the advanced setup to use a different refresh rate. Let me know how that goes
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now