Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

A few users are having a problem whereby they rename a file/folder and it doesn't rename instantly.

 

In order to see the new given name a user has to either click back and go straight back into the folder that they came out of to see the new given name or hit F5.

 

Is there a way of curing this problem?

Posted

No, I'm not. It's more \\servername\users$\username

 

I think I've managed to fix it with this registry amendment:

 

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoSimpleNetIDList"=dword:00000001

Posted

Yeah, it did mention somewhere on the MS website it only affects DFS shares, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway as I wasn't finding anything viable.

 

Thanks for your responses.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...