Guest coquet636 Posted March 18, 2010 Posted March 18, 2010 Got this and think it could be spam what you recon? From: "Jeff Lu" Sent: Wednesday, 17 March, 2010 5:33:34 AM Subject: Notice:Brand name "coqueths" dispute in ASIA (If you are not in charge of this please transfer this email to appropriate dept, thanks.) Dear President, We are the department of Asian Domain registration service in china. we have something need to confirm with you. we formally received an application on March 15, 2010. one company which called "SZL investment company" are applying to register "coqueths.asia coqueths.cn coqueths.com.cn coqueths.com.hk coqueths.com.tw coqueths.hk coqueths.in coqueths.net.cn coqueths.org.cn coqueths.tw" as Brand Name and the following Domain Names: coqueths.asia coqueths.cn coqueths.com.cn coqueths.com.hk coqueths.com.tw coqueths.hk coqueths.in coqueths.net.cn coqueths.org.cn coqueths.tw After our initial examination, we found that the Domain Names applied for registration are as same as your company's name and trademark. these days we are dealing with it, hope to get the affirmation from your company. if your company has not authorized the aforesaid company to register these, please contact us as soon as possible. In addition, we hereby affirm that our time limit is 7 workdays. if your company files no reply within the time limit, we will unconditionally approve the application submitted by "SZL investment company". Best Regards, Jeff Lu Senior Consultant
Guest coquet636 Posted March 18, 2010 Posted March 18, 2010 Managed to find a page saying it is spam so sorted, just everyone else keep an eye out for it.
apoth0r Posted March 18, 2010 Posted March 18, 2010 Had exactly the same thing here, for my domain. A load of poop and I sent an email back saying I would sue if they attempted any fraudulent activity, as they are responsible for them. They soon stopped mailing
tech_guy Posted March 18, 2010 Posted March 18, 2010 I had a similar email some months ago as well as a letter regarding some domains I'm the registered owner of. I told them to sod off.
Mako Posted March 18, 2010 Posted March 18, 2010 It is indeed spam. When I worked for GameSpy, I had my e-mail address in my Forum signatures ([email protected]). Some bot had picked it up and e-mailed me as apparently I was attempting to register the gamespyarcade.com domain which was already registered, and if I'd like to use a subdomain or a recommended alternative. The cheek of it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now