RobD Posted March 10, 2010 Posted March 10, 2010 Hello, I'm having a few issues with power shell and migrating a bulk of users from a forest in 2003 to a forest 2007. The two forests exist and there is a full trust between them, DNS has been set up so everyone can see everyone else. The way I'm doing this is to migrate a user first using the migrate tool then the mailbox using this command: $s=get-credential # (use your AD Account) $t=get-credential # (use your CIG Account) $s=Move-mailbox -TargetDatabase "MYMAIL07SERVER\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database" -BadItemLimit:"214" -identity "[email protected]" -GlobalCatalog NEWDC.DOMAIN.local -SourceForestGlobalCatalog OLDDC.DOMAIN.local -NTAccountOU "OU=BLAH,OU=BLAH,DC=NEWDOMAIN,DC=local" -MaxThreads 8 -SourceForestCredential $s -TargetForestCredential $t Works perfectly but I want to use a csv (or text) to migrate users in bulk, so I migrated the user and entered the details into the csv file: Username, TL, And used this script: Import-CSV c:\scripts\users.csv | Get-Mailbox -Identity {$_.Username} | Move-Mailbox -TargetDatabase "MYMAIL07SERVER\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database" -GlobalCatalog NEWDC.DOMAIN.local -SourceForestGlobalCatalog OLDDC.DOMAIN.local -IgnorePolicyMatch -NTAccountOU "OU=BLAH,OU=BLAH,DC=NEWDOMAIN,DC=local" -BadItemLimit 214 -MaxThreads 10 -SourceForestCredential $SourceCredential - TargetForestCredential $TargetCredential But I keep getting the same error and have no idea what i'm doing wrong: Get-Mailbox : The operation could not be performed because object 'TL' could no t be found on domain controller 'NEWDC.DOMAIN.local '. At C:\Scripts\MultipleMBmRD.ps1:1 char:46 + Import-CSV c:\scripts\users.csv | Get-Mailbox <<<< -Identity {$_.Username} | Move-Mailbox -TargetDatabase "MYMAIL07SERVER\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database" -GlobalCatalog cigbridc02.cig.local -SourceForestGlobalCatalog bridc01.ad.broad system -IgnorePolicyMatch -NTAccountOU "OU=Blah,OU=BLAH,DC=NEWDOMAIN,DC=local" -BadItemLimit 214 -MaxThreads 10 -SourceForestC redential $SourceCredential -TargetForestCredential $TargetCredential Any help would be really appreciated, thanks. RobD
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now