NetworkGeezer Posted October 31, 2006 Posted October 31, 2006 I was thinking of using an installer system such NISS to pack scripts and (where necessary) interpreters into an EXE. Once the EXE was running it could unpack the script and call launch the interpreter. It appears this is what al ot of people are already doing though with more professional results. I have found free one for Kixtart called Kix2Exe. The brilliant Admin Script Editor by iTripli has a comprehenvie EXE package maker which does BAT/CMD, VBS/JS, AutoIT and KiX but it costs £50 per seat with XP style activation. AutoIT has it's own EXE 'compiler' as standard. There's a wrapper for python called Py2exe I believe. I'm a bit worried about the EXE being bloated by having to carry a large runtime. Does anybody know of any others, especially free ones for VBS
ChrisH Posted October 31, 2006 Posted October 31, 2006 Just watch which one you do go for as alot of these type of things just seem to be a fancy self extracting archive.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now