FatBoy Posted February 19, 2010 Posted February 19, 2010 We have been using wds for a while now with no problems imaging 32 bit PC's, now comes a long a 64 bit machine that will not boot. I found if I go to the server properties in WDS under the boot tab there are options under the default boot program for x86, ia64 and x64 systems. My problem is in the D:\RemoteInstall\Boot folder I only have files in the x86 folder. Where can I get the right x64 files (pxeboot.com etc) so I can get my 64 bit machine booting correctly? I didn't install WDS the first time round and I have searched for a download of the files but still can't work out where to get them from Thanks FB
powdarrmonkey Posted February 19, 2010 Posted February 19, 2010 Set the boot options to the x86 files for both architectures, and you'll be away.
FatBoy Posted February 19, 2010 Author Posted February 19, 2010 Yeah just tried that but still no joy It gets to the "Windows is loading files" with the progress bar below and the server ip below that. The progress bar goes all the way across then the screen changes to what I would call what looks like the vista/7 windows loading screen but instantly crashes out and goes back to loading the OS that's on the HDD
SYNACK Posted February 19, 2010 Posted February 19, 2010 What version of Windows Server are you running?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now