leco Posted February 16, 2010 Posted February 16, 2010 Looking to purchase a new server to host some virtual servers (Terminal Services, Exchange, Sims etc) 2 x Intel quad core CPU's Raid card Hotswap raid caddy 6 bay + 4 bay Dual PSU hot swap 750 watt 32 GB DDR3 RAM 2 x 300GB SAS drives 15k rpm (for OS boot) 8 x 1TB SAS drives 7200 rpm DVD writer Plus 2 x workstations 4 GB DDR3 ram 1TB hard drive Gigabit LAN DVD writer GT220 Video card Please PM if I've put something stupid in there
FN-GM Posted February 16, 2010 Posted February 16, 2010 Are you not going to have more than one? I wouldn't put all your eggs into on basket like that. Thats just my opinion really
leco Posted February 16, 2010 Author Posted February 16, 2010 Are you not going to have more than one? I wouldn't put all your eggs into on basket like that. Thats just my opinion really I've already got one server this is an additional one
leco Posted February 16, 2010 Author Posted February 16, 2010 I understand what you mean though, but I think I am spreading the load as it were across more than one physical server.
leco Posted February 22, 2010 Author Posted February 22, 2010 Looking to purchase a new server to host some virtual servers (Terminal Services, Exchange, Sims etc) 2 x Intel quad core CPU's Raid card Hotswap raid caddy 6 bay + 4 bay Dual PSU hot swap 750 watt 32 GB DDR3 RAM 2 x 300GB SAS drives 15k rpm (for OS boot) 8 x 1TB SAS drives 7200 rpm DVD writer Plus 2 x workstations 4 GB DDR3 ram 1TB hard drive Gigabit LAN DVD writer GT220 Video card Please PM if I've put something stupid in there Please can I bump this post - is there nobody wishing to quote?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now