Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm looking at getting one of my Ubuntu boxes to monitor a UPS using APCUPSD, with the ether/pcnet option.

 

However, when I start the service I can see some info (not all the charge %'s and stuff though) and after about 2 minutes I get an error on the screen saying lost communication with UPS. There's plenty of threads about using usb mode to get it going but I need to use the ether-pcnet.

 

I tried to do it with SNMP and it did show all the information, but when I ran a test shutdown on the UPS nothing happend on the server that was supposed to be monitoring it.

 

Any help at all appreciated.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...