BJC Posted February 12, 2010 Posted February 12, 2010 Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong. I simply want to copy a file from a sever to another computer. I created a batch file that i could schedule to run. This is what it contains. copy j:\testing.txt v:\CC3 Server 1 It seems to run but does nothing. What am i doing stupid? J: is an external hard drive on the server V: is a mapped drive to an external hard drive on my computer The server is windows 2003 Computer is XP
Domino Posted February 12, 2010 Posted February 12, 2010 do you need a trailing slash on the folder name? I forget...
985ach Posted February 12, 2010 Posted February 12, 2010 This is one I use also in a batch file ^_^ xcopy /Z "\\shs-sr-003\h$\My Virtual Machines\AH\ASH-PB Clean UPDATED-15-07-08" "C:\VPC\Clean"
BJC Posted February 12, 2010 Author Posted February 12, 2010 I've tried both and it still doesn't work. I did need the quotes when i tried it on my xp machine
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now