k-strider Posted October 25, 2006 Posted October 25, 2006 I was trying to get ultraVNC into an MSI so I could mass deploy it to the PCs in preparation for deploying LanView 3. So I used Visual Studio 2005 to create the MSI Package. I can get VS to copy all the files into the folder and merge the required registry settings , I created two custom actions one to register the service, by calling winvnc.exe -sinstall and a second custom action that calls the setupdrv installs now it runs the custom action to register the service fine. But it either doesn’t run the one to install the VNC Hook Driver or it does run it but it doesn’t do anything... if I go and manually run it after I installed the MSI it works, it installs the driver and it appears in Device Manager. I have tried putting the custom action in two places install and commit. Has anyone successfully built an MSI that installs the VNC Driver Hook?
Ric_ Posted October 25, 2006 Posted October 25, 2006 Appdeploy says that you can simply use an answer file to install it ( http://appdeploy.com/packages/detail.asp?id=617 ). You could then use the Windows Installer Wrapper Wizard to make your MSI. instructions for RealVNC and others are also to be found on AppDeploy
k-strider Posted October 26, 2006 Author Posted October 26, 2006 Thanks Ric... after looking there and then looking back at the Main UVNC site i added the Setup Driver EXE to my msi and ran that /verysilent and it works :-)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now