Nick_Parker Posted February 7, 2010 Posted February 7, 2010 Can somebody please explain to me how some simple CSS code can display so differently when viewed in IE8 and when viewed in Firefox? I've attached pictures of the particular piece, I use FF and so I've spent time making the tweaks etc to make it work and when I opened it up in IE8 it looked completely different! The CSS code for the "Send" button which is written in the section: <br /> input[type=submit] {border:1px solid #A8A8A8; background: #FBFBFB; width:100px; height:40px; margin-left:300px; }<br /> input[type=submit]:hover {border:1px solid #A8A8A8; background: #FBFBFB url('images/text_focus.png') repeat-x;; width:100px; height:40px; margin-left:300px; }*/<br /> and the actual button: It looks correct in FF but IE8 doesn't seem to apply any formatting? Similarly with the textarea, in FF the box has a grey focus image across the top when clicked, nothing in IE8. <br /> textarea:focus { background: #FBFBFB url('images/text_focus.png') repeat-x; }<br />
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now