park_bench Posted February 3, 2010 Posted February 3, 2010 Hello All, Fairly advanced Excel formula help please... I want to count the number of cells in Column B that = "A", "B", "C" IF Column A = "A", "B", "C" I can't get a SUMPRODUCT to work with multiple criteria in both columns (or a wildcard in one column). I have tried: =SUMPRODUCT(--(ColB={"A","B","C"})*(ColA={"A","B","C"})) =SUMPRODUCT(--(ColB={"A","B","C"})*(ColA="*")) Neither work. I could use an intermediate calculation, but I'm trying to avoid it. I could use: =SUMPRODUCT(--(ColB={"A","B","C"})*(ColA="A"))+SUMPRODUCT(--(ColB={"A","B","C"})*(ColA="B"))+... but that's messy. Anyone any ideas? Thanks in advance
park_bench Posted February 3, 2010 Author Posted February 3, 2010 Hi all, solution to this problem is on another forum. SUMPRODUCT Formula help - MrExcel Message Board Hope it helps, Ben
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now