Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

just came across this while logging onto a DC........

 

To log onto this remote computer, you must be granted the Allow Log on through Terminal Services Right....etc.

 

Never had this and im logging on as a admin!!!!

Posted
Admins are automatically given the 'allow log via terminal services' rights. You have to explicitely give other users those rights in the servers local security policies. For more than 2 concurrent logon's you need a TS licensing server and enough licenses registered to cover the number of concurrent logons you require.
Posted
Have you changed any security settings recently or disabled remote logon on the server? Are you login on as 'Administrator' or a member of 'Domain Admins'?
Posted
The account I'm trying to log in with is a admin account, no changes have been made, I get to the login screen, put in un and pw and I get that error with every account I try!!!! :confused:
Posted

Are you able to logon to the server locally? Also have you tried the actual 'Administrator' account rather than a member of 'Domain Admins'?

 

If you can logon locally check the Remote tab under System Properties. I think you can add logon rights in their, double check the 'Domain Admins' group is listed. Also check in 'Administrative Tools\Local Security Policy\Local\User Rights\Allow Logon Through Terminal Services'.

 

Might also be worth double checking that setting in the Domain GPO and the DC's GPO in AD Computers Policies just incase there's a conflict there.

Posted
This is a domain controller so I cant get on locally, cant get onto the box at all.

 

(not holding any fsmo)

 

Can you logon to the console interactively?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...