Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

AVG - workstations not connected to the DataCentre


Recommended Posts

Posted

Any chance of any help people, if I smile nicely :D

Having got the BSOD's sorted (thanks ppl!), I'm still having issues with this product... Out of all the (few) machines I've pushed the AVG out to (using the Admin Console on the server), I have about 50% that don't seem to be communicating with the DataCentre. On the workstations it shows the Remote Administration component as not active, and the DataCentre has them listed in the Non-Compliant Stations... I don't understand how they're not "in contact" though, because it was pushed out to them all in the same batch, and it was installed on ALL workstations. If I try to test the connection settings on a "non-compliant" machine it times out, yet the settings are the same on machines that are in communication with the DataCentre.

What am I missing? It's driving me nuts! :confused:

Posted
Temporarily create a custom GPO which disables Windows Firewall and move the affected machines into this OU. Alternatively disable the Windows Firewall service (again using Group Policy) and see if this makes any difference.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...