Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Spotlight search


Guest theeldergeek

Recommended Posts

Guest theeldergeek
Posted

I'm trying to find files within my users home folders on the xserve, but not having any luck with searching.

I know the files exist, but when I do a search for them via my Mac telling the search to look in "MacHomes" (the name of our home folders root) it finds nothing.

 

Is their a specifc permission needed by Spotlight to search users home folders? At present, Spotlight has a 'custom' permission which is 'inherited' and 'allow'.

 

Does it need to be 'read'?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...