Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Over the last two years I've been gradually developing a good server - client network solution that works well. One of the areas in which I'd like to improve the system is too make it more user friendly for younger children. I'd like to implement a system like RM Explorer that would allow me to drop shortcuts into a network share so that when new software is installed it will display for the correct user group in an appropriate 'software type' tab (i.e. Literacy, Numeracy etc)

 

Does anyone know of any OpenSource/Free/Really cheap solution to this?

  • 2 years later...
Posted
Over the last two years I've been gradually developing a good server - client network solution that works well. One of the areas in which I'd like to improve the system is too make it more user friendly for younger children. I'd like to implement a system like RM Explorer that would allow me to drop shortcuts into a network share so that when new software is installed it will display for the correct user group in an appropriate 'software type' tab (i.e. Literacy, Numeracy etc)

 

Does anyone know of any OpenSource/Free/Really cheap solution to this?

 

Hi I'm looking for exactly the same. Just wondered if you've found an alternative? Kind regards.

  • 1 year later...
Posted

Hi

 

I have started working on a project that may fit the bill. Please have a look at www.johnfermor.co.uk and click on the "MyStuff Navigator" link. There's still a lot to do before it is finished and it isn't my top priority but if it could be helpful out there ..

 

John

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...