Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey again,

 

Weird issue - never seen this before.

 

I have an HP color laserjet 1500L networked via an external jetdirect card (175X model I believe).

 

When I go to add the printer on my server 2008 box in printer management, and load the driver for the printer, I get the following:

 

(from mmc.exe)

 

function addrss 0x1000b994 caused a prot. fault

excep code 0xc0000005

some or all property pages may not be displayed

 

Thinking it was a corrupt driver, I redownloaded and reinstalled - no luck. Tried downloading the universal PCL 6 driver - it loads in fine, but does not actually print anything to the printer. Using the correct 1500L throws the error whenever you open the property page for the printer, on the server, and also does not print.

 

I'm thinking it may be an issue with the driver (which is dated 2003) and with server 2008. But I can't be the only other person using these....any ideas?

 

Thanks as always!

  • 2 years later...
Posted

We are having the same issue. Were you able to resolve it? Thanks

 

Hey again,

 

Weird issue - never seen this before.

 

I have an HP color laserjet 1500L networked via an external jetdirect card (175X model I believe).

 

When I go to add the printer on my server 2008 box in printer management, and load the driver for the printer, I get the following:

 

(from mmc.exe)

 

function addrss 0x1000b994 caused a prot. fault

excep code 0xc0000005

some or all property pages may not be displayed

 

Thinking it was a corrupt driver, I redownloaded and reinstalled - no luck. Tried downloading the universal PCL 6 driver - it loads in fine, but does not actually print anything to the printer. Using the correct 1500L throws the error whenever you open the property page for the printer, on the server, and also does not print.

 

I'm thinking it may be an issue with the driver (which is dated 2003) and with server 2008. But I can't be the only other person using these....any ideas?

 

Thanks as always!

Posted
I'm sorry - we ended up removing the 1500L from service and were never able to get the issue resolved. I'd love feedback if you have any ideas though! :) I do have other printers that use that external jetdirect but haven't had a need/want to try to add them to our print server, so I'm unsure if it's an issue between the particular HP model or the external jet direct box.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...