DaveMurphy Posted January 2, 2010 Posted January 2, 2010 I'm not entirely sure if it's possible or not but here goes. I'm currently running AMD stuff on my main PC and I want to go over to Intel - now I want to run Snow Leopard on my desktop, my friend got it working in VMware but I'd rather have it as a full system... is this possible? What hardware would I need? Is it specific stuff or just anything that's Intel? Cheers. I know the easiest thing to do would be buy a mac. but our budget doesnt stretch THAT far.
danIT Posted January 2, 2010 Posted January 2, 2010 Have a Google for 'hackintosh'. Oh and installing Mac OS on none Mac Hardware is against the software license.
Simcfc73 Posted January 2, 2010 Posted January 2, 2010 Don't you have to get bog standard hardware and then get Lawrence Llewellyn Bowyn to design the case and OS?
danIT Posted January 2, 2010 Posted January 2, 2010 Not sure Lawrence Llewellyn Bowyn would shift that well.
morganw Posted January 2, 2010 Posted January 2, 2010 Check out the e-fix efi boot module, you'll probably have to import it and they are expensive but it's the closest you can get to an actual mac and you can just use the normal retail os x discs and updates.
Dos_Box Posted March 8, 2011 Posted March 8, 2011 Just to ressurect this thread, I made my first Hackintosh today out of a Lenovo ThinkPad SL500. Shame the wireless won't work. You really need the same type of hardware as mac employ. You can make quite a good system out of a tower PC case though as you can cut'n'shut components to spec. Arrrggghhhhh! Wheres my KB and trackpad gone!!!!
Dos_Box Posted March 8, 2011 Posted March 8, 2011 Follow these instructions and it's easy peasy. I'm going to dig out some old components now tonymacx86 Blog: iBoot + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC 1
synaesthesia Posted March 8, 2011 Posted March 8, 2011 Pick up an intel wireless adapter for the Lenovo and job done. Used to use the 3945AGN (or was it 3495?) which worked rather well.
Dos_Box Posted March 8, 2011 Posted March 8, 2011 Mine has the Intel 5100 series wireless. Apparently there are drivers out there but no one seems to know quite where!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now