apaton Posted December 16, 2009 Posted December 16, 2009 Just passed the VMWARE VCP-410 exam today . I'm glad to get it out the way before Christmas. 85 Questions, 90 Minutes, multiple guess, weighted questions. Pass is 300 points out possible 500. Links/PDFs that helped me to prepare VCP vSphere 4 Practice Exam - The SLOG – SimonLong/Blog vSphere Reference Card http://www.vreference.com/downloads/vReference-vSphere4card2.0.pdf VCP4 Exam Blueprint http://mylearn.vmware.com/lcms/mL_faq/2726/VCPonvSphere4ExamBlueprint.pdf vSphere Maximums READ THIS!! - http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere4/r40/vsp_40_config_max.pdf
Theblacksheep Posted December 16, 2009 Posted December 16, 2009 Congratulations, they are cheeky with their questions!! Did you get quite a bit on the new stuff (vapps, dvs etc)? Just done 310 here.
apaton Posted December 17, 2009 Author Posted December 17, 2009 (edited) Congratulations, they are cheeky with their questions!! Did you get quite a bit on the new stuff (vapps, dvs etc)? Just done 310 here. I did my 310 in 2007, from memory VCP410 seem slightly easier. Questions, I got the normal, "What the Max amount Memory, LUNS, VMFS, NIC's you can have in host/VM ?" Had quite a few questions on vDS, FT affinity, Memory, VCenter, Profile Editor and licensing. I was expecting more questions about VAPPS, Resources Pools / Limits and Reservations but I think I only had one. Edited December 17, 2009 by apaton typo
tmcd35 Posted December 17, 2009 Posted December 17, 2009 Congrats. Did my VCP back in 2008, cost me around £1500! I've no plans to update it to v4.
apaton Posted December 17, 2009 Author Posted December 17, 2009 Congrats. Did my VCP back in 2008, cost me around £1500! I've no plans to update it to v4. If you do the VCP410 exam before 31 December, then you don't have to attend the VMWARE two day update course to get VCP4. In the new year you have to do both to upgrade VCP3 to VCP4. So worth doing if you have the time.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now