Quackers Posted October 4, 2006 Posted October 4, 2006 Before i got a moodle box running we used Class Server for odd things (never used it massivly) but was very very happy with Class Server for homeworks, the worksheets just look great on it. Try to do the same things in moodle, the question types are there but the whole thing just looks dire and manageing the questions and sheets is just not as simple. Apart from the testing/quiz part in moodle i really love moodle. My question is there an alternative to "quiz" in moodle or some better way.
Geoff Posted October 4, 2006 Posted October 4, 2006 As for how it looks, have you tried altering the theme files?
lindylou Posted October 4, 2006 Posted October 4, 2006 My question is there an alternative to "quiz" in moodle or some better way. I just trying out the same thing, needing to build a multichoice survey - have a look at the Choices activity. My Moodle keeps crashing on Choices, but I don't really know what I am doing :? I have a feeling Moodle v 1.6 is better for quizzes/surveys - I'm still on v 1.54 or something. http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=48061 My next move is to look for a quiz to import from somewhere else. HTH! Linda D
Geoff Posted October 4, 2006 Posted October 4, 2006 For multichoice, you just need to install the MultiChoice QuizType Module, it's on the Moodle site. http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=97 More info on Quizes in the docs: http://docs.moodle.org/en/Quizzes
lindylou Posted October 4, 2006 Posted October 4, 2006 For multichoice, you just need to install the MultiChoice QuizType Module, it's on the Moodle site. Cheers Geoff, I'll have a go at that. LD
MkII Posted October 4, 2006 Posted October 4, 2006 The quiz module is actually a lot better implementation thatn the real thing it's a mod of IMHO. No problems with it here.
Geoff Posted October 4, 2006 Posted October 4, 2006 Remeber you can import HotPotato stuff into Moodle anyway.
CyberNerd Posted October 4, 2006 Posted October 4, 2006 have a feeling Moodle v 1.6 is better for quizzes/surveys - I'm still on v 1.54 or something. probably should upgrade, esp as your still in the dev stage - you'll need 1.6 for database/blog module. lots of other new features. http://docs.moodle.org/en/Release_Notes#Moodle_1.6.2 we plan upgrade for Jan as we already got database working
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now