Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Is anyone using this package?

 

I was handed the CDs towards the end of the summer but never got chance to look at it until this morning. Can't say as I'm impressed and am having a few problems. I could do with having a quick chat with someone who's already installed it - although I've emailed their support team, it could be aeons before I get anything useful out of them...

 

Thanks in advance.

Posted
I think I have had the miss fortune to have to install this! We ended up doing a manual install on the maths machines as there seems to be many cludges in the package.
Posted (edited)

"cludges" doesn't just describe the stuff that's contained in the installation package, after my experiences today I get the impression it also pretty well describes some of their technical support staff too.

 

By the time I had finished following their installation instructions, I was seriously debating sending them the copy of AngryTech's "10 commandments for Software Installers" that we have pinned up on the wall in the office.

 

A bit later on, I emailed them with a connect-to-server problem and they responded back with "ooooh. That's a connect to server problem. You're workstations can't see the server."

 

Really? Well thank you for telling me that - the thought would never have occurred to me on my own - no suggestions for fixing it then? :doh:

Edited by TheCrust

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...