thom Posted September 29, 2006 Posted September 29, 2006 What is the best direction to point the 2 antennas on our wireless access points? Does it matter? Vertical/horizontal/45 degrees??? The reason I ask is because we want to use one existing AP to give a signal in a mobile hut just outside the classroom and I want them to get the maximum signal.
Geoff Posted September 29, 2006 Posted September 29, 2006 The best signal is 90 degrees to the antenna parrellel.
thom Posted September 29, 2006 Author Posted September 29, 2006 Not quite sure if I follow what you mean, the right antenna pointing up and the left antenna at 90 degrees?
Geoff Posted September 29, 2006 Posted September 29, 2006 Point both antennas straight up and lined up parrellel to each other. If you do this the strongest signals are at right angles forwards and backwards from the base station. So sort of 'behind' and 'infront' of it. You can think of it as a poor mans Yagi. I only know this because this is the way truckers set up their CB radios. One antenna each side of the cab. This gets them better range up and down the motorways (motorways being generally straight).
webman Posted September 29, 2006 Posted September 29, 2006 Diversity Solwise have some good PDFs on their website.
thom Posted October 2, 2006 Author Posted October 2, 2006 Thanks guys, that's just what I needed to know.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now