DAckroyd Posted November 17, 2009 Posted November 17, 2009 just a quick one... I have my domain raised to 2008 funtional level, I'm looking at moving my Forest to 2008 functional level. I have the screen ready in front of me to change that but I have had a thought. If I change this forest to 2008 will it affect my trusts to a 2003 domain? the 2003 domain is not in the forest where my 2008 domain is. Thanks all
bio Posted November 17, 2009 Posted November 17, 2009 To my knowledge there should be no problem at all. According to microsoft there are no extra features unlocked if you move to 2008 forest mode. Differences in domain and forest functional levels 2000 to 2008 - ITConfig Blog By Oshri Avitan You should however upgrade every domain to windows 2008 in your forest before you can do the forest raise to 2008. regards bio.. 1
DAckroyd Posted November 17, 2009 Author Posted November 17, 2009 have upped it to 2003 - will properly read over this doc later and see about raising to 2008 - thanks Bio
sted Posted November 17, 2009 Posted November 17, 2009 as mentioned there really is no point to setting forest /domain functional level to 2008 as far as im aware there is 0 difference 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now