grahamd22 Posted November 16, 2009 Posted November 16, 2009 Our Moodle VLE is setup with LDAP yet I am unable to view our students or staff to edit there rights. If a staff member logs in thats fine I can see them and edit their rights but I am unable to view any other users.
kieran8055 Posted November 16, 2009 Posted November 16, 2009 Our Moodle VLE is setup with LDAP yet I am unable to view our students or staff to edit there rights. If a staff member logs in thats fine I can see them and edit their rights but I am unable to view any other users. All the users should login atleast once to create user accounts in moodle database. cheers :0)
rpwillis Posted November 16, 2009 Posted November 16, 2009 kieran8055 is right. By default Moodle will only create the users in Moodle once they have logged in for the first time. Hence you can't enrol them in anything before they log in. However, there is a script you can run to automatically create them all from ldap without them logging in. http://docs.moodle.org/en/LDAP_authentication#Setting_up_regular_automatic_synchronisation_using_cron Richard
grahamd22 Posted November 18, 2009 Author Posted November 18, 2009 In microsoft web server 2008 there doesn't appear to be the exe file ldp anywhere and you can't find it on the server cd or when trying to add it as a role as it doesn't show !
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now